Do You Know What to Look For in an Orthopedic Surgeon? (QUIZ)
Working with the right doctor makes a big difference. The decision of whom to work with should not be taken lightly, so make sure you do as much research on your own as possible. Never feel pressured or afraid to ask for a second opinion. Take this quiz to see if you know what to look for in an orthopedic surgeon.
So what should you be considering as you weigh your options? Here’s a quick breakdown:
· Education: A good orthopedic surgeon will have board certification to practice surgery. Look into where they went to medical school, as well as their residency and fellowship information.
· Experience: A surgeon with more experience in practice will have dealt with more cases and may be a better choice than a less-experienced peer. It’s worth asking how many patients with your specific condition they have treated.
· Professionalism: The doctor should be willing to spend time with you and answer all questions; they should be easily reachable and available. It’s worth also assessing the support staff; do they seem amenable and responsible? Do you feel like you’re in good hands there?
· Recommendations: Likely your primary care physician referred you to a doctor, but it’s also worth asking friends, family, or co-workers for recommendations. In addition, you may also find patient reviews online, which are worth considering.
· Comfort: What’s most important is that you trust the expertise of the surgeon; you should feel free to discuss your options and symptoms. Be mindful of how you’re feeling when you’re in consultation and pay attention to the surgeon’s communication style.
If you’re looking for a top-notch orthopedic surgery team, consider the one at Onward Orthopedics. These experts have helped countless patients find effective relief for a wide variety of conditions while emphasizing the latest in technologies and techniques as well as a commitment to patient comfort. Learn more about what they do by calling (800) 577-1693 today!