Home / Orthopedic Conditions /
Each day you hop out of bed, walk down the stairs, and accelerate your car, you put your ankle joint to good use. Known as a weight-bearing joint, your ankle joint allows you to move your foot up and down. Like any other joint, arthritis, repetitive strain, tears and most commonly sprains and breaks affect the area. Luckily, our orthopedic experts are highly trained in accurately diagnosing and treating your condition to help reduce your ankle pain.
Ankle Conditions We Treat
- Sprained Ankle – tears to the ligaments in and around your ankle can result in severe pain and ankle instability.
- Jones Fracture – a break to your 5th metatarsal of your foot can result in difficulty walking.
- Ankle Arthritis – inflammation of the joint due to wear and tear or degenerative disease can result in pain, swelling, and even cartilage breakdown.
Surgical Solutions for Ankle Pain
If conservative treatment such as anti-inflammatory drugs, physical therapy, and steroid injections do not help decrease your ankle pain, it may be time to speak to our doctors about surgical treatment options to resolve your ankle pain.
- Ankle Arthroscopy – a minimally invasive procedure in which a small camera allows the surgeon to see inside your joint.
- Total Ankle Replacement – a procedure done to replace the entire hip joint with an artificial joint.
- Ankle Fracture Repair – during this procedure a surgeon uses screws and plates to fix damage around your ankle.