Home / Orthopedic Conditions /
The knee connects the thigh bone to the shin bone. It’s also one of the largest and most complex joints in the body. Knee pain can stem from a one-time injury or repetitive stress over time. Luckily, our knee experts are highly trained in accurately diagnosing and treating your condition to help get you back to normal as quickly as possible.
Knee Conditions We Treat
- Knee Arthritis – inflammation of the joint due to wear and tear which can result in pain, swelling and even cartilage breakdown.
- ACL Tears – a sprain or tear to the anterior cruciate ligament can occur when the knee is forced beyond it’s normal range of motion.
- Meniscus Tears – one of the most common knee injuries in athletes occurs when the knee suddenly bends or twists.
- Runner’s Knee – also known as patellofemoral pain syndrome, this condition causes pain under and around your kneecap.
Surgical Solutions for Knee Pain
If conservative treatment such as anti-inflammatory drugs, physical therapy, and steroid injections has not decreased your knee pain, it may be time to speak to our doctors about surgical treatment options to resolve your knee pain.
- Partial Knee Replacement – a less invasive alternative to total knee replacement ideal for candidates with limited areas of arthritis.
- Total Knee Replacement – a procedure done to replace the entire knee joint with an artificial joint.
- Knee Arthroscopy – a minimally invasive procedure in which a small camera allows the surgeon to see inside your joint.
- ACL Reconstruction – a procedure done to replace the torn ACL with new tissue.
Do you have knee pain? Take the first step towards healing by scheduling an appointment with one of our skilled physicians. Our knee specialists see patients in Dallas and Houston, Texas and throughout Arizona. Call us today at 800.577.1693 or fill out the form to learn more.