Home / Orthopedic Conditions /
While your shoulder’s the body’s most mobile joint, sports injuries, trauma or even daily wear and tear can cause the bones, muscles and tendons in your shoulder to flare up. Luckily, our shoulder experts are highly trained in accurately diagnosing and treating your condition to help relieve any shoulder pain you might be experiencing.
Shoulder Conditions We Treat
- SLAP Tears – occurs when cartilage surrounding the shoulder joint becomes torn.
- Rotator Cuff Tears – injury to the muscles and tendons that hold the shoulder in place cause weakening in the shoulder.
- Shoulder Arthritis – inflammation of the joint can occur and cause pain, swelling and cartilage breakdown.
- Impingement Syndrome – when muscles of the shoulder rub excessively against the bone pain can occur.
Surgical Solutions for Shoulder Pain
If conservative treatment such as anti-inflammatory drugs, physical therapy, and steroid injections do not help decrease your shoulder pain, it may be time to speak to our doctors about surgical treatment options to resolve your shoulder pain.
- Shoulder Arthroscopy – a minimally invasive procedure in which a small camera allows the surgeon to see inside your joint.
- Total Shoulder Replacement – a procedure done to replace the entire shoulder joint with an artificial joint.
- Rotator Cuff Repair – this may include repairing torn tendons or muscles in the shoulder using arthroscopy, open surgery, or a combination of both.
Do you have shoulder pain? Take the first step towards healing by scheduling an appointment with one of our skilled physicians. Shoulder specialists see patients in Dallas and Houston, Texas and throughout Arizona. Call us today at 800.577.1693 or fill out the form to learn more.