Home / Orthopedic Conditions /
Your wrists are more than just pretty places to set your watch or bracelet. They facilitate a full range of motion for your hands. They also provide strength for heavy gripping. With 8 bones, one joint and numerous ligaments, tendons, muscles and cartilage, wrists are affected by a handful of orthopedic conditions. Fortunately, our orthopedic experts are highly trained in accurately diagnosing and treating your condition to help reduce your wrist pain.
Wrist Conditions We Treat
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome – repetitive strain can result in swelling of your ligaments and tendons leading to compression of your median nerve.
- Trigger Finger – repetitive strain can also result in limited movement of your fingers.
- Scaphoid Fractures – falling on an outstretched hand can fracture the scaphoid within your wrist.
- Wrist Arthritis – inflammation of the joint due to wear and tear which can result in pain, swelling and even cartilage breakdown.
Surgical Solutions for Wrist Pain
Is conservative treatment such as anti-inflammatory drugs, physical therapy, and steroid injections not relieving your wrist pain? It may be time to speak to our doctors about surgical treatment options.
- Carpal Tunnel Release – an outpatient procedure which involves the surgeon relieving the stress compressing your median nerve by removing problematic tissue.
- Scaphoid Fracture Repair – an outpatient procedure in which the surgeon places metal implants into the wrist to help the scaphoid stay in place and heal properly.
- Wrist Replacement – this procedure involves replacing damaged pieces of the wrist joint with artificial implants which helps improve function and decrease pain.
Do you have wrist pain? Take the first step towards healing by scheduling an appointment with one of our skilled physicians. Orthopedic specialists accept new patients in Dallas and Houston, Texas and throughout Arizona. Call us today at 800.577.1693 or fill out the form to learn more.